Tips of overcoming overeating
- Get rid of distractions such as television or pressing phone 👀 when eating
- Go for healthier and energy-dense food. You can’t compare rice and beans when it comes to how they fill you up. The density of beans is why you constantly drink water after eating beans.
- Stop restrictive eating pattern aka dieting
- Include more portion of non-starchy vegetable in your meals
- Eat fiber-rich food – legumes, pulses, oatmeal. Processed cereal is hardly filling.
- Stop eating from containers or pots. Mindlessly eating, from 1 spoon 🥄 to half the pot is empty. From 30g plantain chips to the entire pack. Buy smaller packs of snacks, if you’ve big packs, learn to share- greed is bad and that’s why some people are overweight.
- Manage stress
- Keep a food journal
- Get good sleep
- Eat out with like minded people – don’t go out with a glutton if you’re going to constantly rant about it.
- Stay off overly processed food, refined sugar and white flour.
- Calm down when eating, no one is coming to collect your food. Chew properly.
- Reduce your alcohol intake – why? It can stimulate your appetite and lower your inhibitors thereby leading to overeating
- Stay off fizzy drinks
- Eat whole fruits instead of juice. Doesn’t matter if it’s fresh orange 🍊 juice, you’ll end up drinking juice from 20 oranges instead of eating 2 oranges max. More veggie juice than fruit juice
- Are you really hungry or bored? Drink water first then if hunger persists, eat.
- Ditch the diet mentality and INSTAGRAM diet culture – most of them post food they don’t eat. Some went under the knife before being fitness influencers. Instead of focusing on them – FOCUS ON YOUR HEALTH
1 thought on “17 TIPS TO STOP OVEREATING”